26 June 2011

Dear Grandma

Dear Grandma,

Thank you for showing me how to be compassionate by never gossiping. It's a skill I am FAR from perfecting but one that I see is worthwhile because of your example. Thank you for your example as a mother. Obviously, with 11 children there were difficult days and heartaches and sorrows. I love the way you were still so involved with and proud of our family. Your cheerfulness and endless energy in support of us was incredible. I hope my energy lasts at least half as long as yours. Thank you for raising my mother. She turned out great! The legacy of talents and faith and service you passed on to her and I hope I will qualify for them to be passed on to me. Thank you for the fun family reunions and for letting us grand kids run freely through your well stocked, kid friendly house. I'm trying to let my kids develop good relationships with their cousins because mine have been such a big influence in my life. Thank you for noticing Grandpa and marrying him and loving him for 68 years. Thanks for keeping covenants so that I can be with both of you in the next life. Thank you, Grandma. I'll miss you until we meet again.

Love,
Michelle


4 comments:

Contessa Elegante said...

Very well put! Your Grandma is an amazing person...I'm so glad I had the opportunity to know her. I am so sorry for your loss!

kam said...

I'm sorry, Michelle. Even with the comfort of gospel, losing a loved one, dear to your heart, is hard. This was such a beautiful tribute. What a wonderful line of women you come from. What a blessing. Much love and prayers for you and your family during this time of grieving.

Carly G. said...

What an amazing tribute, you said what I didn't even realize I was feeling. I love the part about running around the kid friendly house. It's hard to remember to relax and just go with the flow, the way she did. Thanks again for this and thanks for not only being a great cousin, but my bestest friend!

Nancy T said...

That was so beautifully put, Michelle. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love you1