18 June 2012

Well.  I have about a hundred and fifty-seven blog posts that I need to do.  I don't think I'll ever catch up so I'm going to condense the major points and give it to you straight.  Over the past five years, I think Jason and I have become the King and Queen of life's curve balls.  Our newest and biggest curve ball is that in February our home is going to become a little more crowded.  The world would have me feel anxious and probably guilty for having another child when we're not exactly sure what is going to happen and where we'll be in a year but we feel grateful and joyous to be able to add to our family.  (and a little anxious too, not gonna lie- p.s., how does one survive morning sickness with kids, I forgot?)  Speaking of the kids, they are super excited.  So excited that Jane announced over the pulpit in primary our news.

Father's day.  I failed Father's Day this year.  I developed a sinus infection during the day and that mixed with morning sickness did not make for the most relaxing father's day for Jason.  While he didn't get a nap, I'm ashamed to say that I did.  He changed diapers, helped with the kids, kept Natalie occupied during sacrament meeting, and helped clean the house and do the dishes after dinner.  I DID, however, manage to cook him breakfast, with his new waffle iron, no less.  Jason is seriously the most amazing man.  He is humble and takes every opportunity to let me know he loves me.  One of my favorite things about him is that he is always willing to apologize.  (Even when something is not his fault, just to keep me from feeling bad.)  I think it takes a courageous person to be willing to repent and better oneself.  And Speaking of Jason.  We celebrated 12 years of marriage last month.  Holy cow life is zipping by.  I'm glad to say that we still love doing things together and I still laugh at all of his dumb jokes.

Doesn't he look handsome?  He's been working out.
We've been working hard in the yard trying to get it ready for a sprinkler system.  This yard is full of a ridiculous amount of rocks.  I'm not kidding.  The previous owners had what seems to be a dump truck full of golf ball sized rocks dumped in the front yard.  Seriously.  I am not exaggerating.  After weeks of trying to get rid of them, Jason used the mini bobcat we had to scraped the top 8 inches off the front lawn and piled it up in one big pile.  I think we might just dump it all behind the retaining wall we just built.   I am now accepting donations of flowers and shrubs.  I will pay you in rocks.


We took our own family pictures last month too.  I was going to have my amazing cousin do it (cause I like her stuff) but she had a baby instead SO I took my own.  My stupid hair didn't work and they're blurry.  Whatev.  I got it recorded and we'll redo them later.  Someday.  So here they are, but just so you know, I'm not too proud of them.  (They are unedited of course. )















The reward for "co-operating". 
Posts of the twins' blessing and our trip to AZ to come!!

3 comments:

Holly Decker said...

congrats! SOOOOOO excited for you :) i know that i would sure love more Findlay's in this world, so thanks for fulfilling my wishes (its all about me). you did a great job on the family photos and i hear you about rock yards... ours is driving us batty! and.... i just love you. that is all i can say. i just love you. amen.

Shawn & Amanda said...

Congratulations!!!! I love your family and blessed to know you and your family!!!

katieo said...

congratulations!!!!!