10 December 2007

Randy and Ralphie in the snow






All we needed for a lot of fun in the snow was for Daddy to be home! While everyone was worrying about roads, we went out and the boys began construction on a fort made using a big pot to form blocks. It really brought back memories of playing in the front yard in the snow while my dad shoveled the sidewalks. When we got older, I remember my brother and his friends pushing cars out of the spots they were stuck in. Or the time it snowed so much church was canceled. But best of all, I liked being outside in the evening listening to the quiet air and other kids laughing while they created things out of the snow. There's something magical about playing in the snow when it's dark and Christmas is on the way...

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks so much for posting on my blog so I could find yours and your families! You are so beautiful and so are your kids! It sounds like you are doing so well, I miss that powdery Utah snow, we just have ice:) Merry Christmas!

Jenny said...

Hi Michelle, just discovered your blog through Natalie's. Just wanted to tell everyone Merry Christmas. Sounds like you are staying pretty busy with all those kids. Love the family picture, very cute family. Anyway it's fun seeing that everyone is starting to blog, I like knowing what everyone is up to. Hope you are doing well. See you next week at the Christmas party. Love you guys. Merry Christmas.