23 January 2009

Promises

I was in the shower the other day when I realized that the tape I put up around the bathroom ceiling (prep for painting the ceiling) has been there for over two years! Sigh. I looked around and realized that the stuff I did paint needs touch up and the ceilings are pinker than ever. The kitchen cabinets are halfway done but I have to completely sand them down and start again because I used the wrong kind of paint. Pursuant to these realizations, I have decided:

I solemnly promise that I will NEVER move into a new home until I have COMPLETELY painted EVERYTHING that needs painting EXACTLY the way I want it. So there! Don't try to stop me, I've learned my lesson and will not make the same mistake again.

5 comments:

LaurieJ said...

Oh good luck with that one :-)

Just remember there is a time and a season and this is not ours to have our hmes the way we would like :-)

Marianne said...

Michelle, I refinished our kitchen cabinets over the summer and found an awesome primer you can use to avoid sanding off old paint. After I had already sanded the front and sides of all 20 cabinet doors, 15 drawer fronts, and a lazy susan!) Call me and I'll give you the info if you're interested. Good luck!
Love, M

Carly G. said...

That was one thing my sister Heather told us when we bought our place. She said, "paint everything you want painted, because it sure ain't getting painted once you move in."
I wish I had listened a little harder because we still have several rooms that need different paint and I KNOW we won't get to them in this lifetime.

Michelle said...

Michelle! I was so pleased to see your beautiful family in this blog! I found your address on Jason's FB account. How are you doing?!?! Oh, and paint away--I need to do a bit of painting here as well.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.