15 September 2011

Birthdays, Ballet, and House Pics

Liam's 6th birthday was AWESOME! He had very few requests, which were easy to fulfill. Chocolate cake with chocolate icing and candles that said "Happy Birthday". Check. Presents. Check. Cousins come over for cake and ice cream. Check. He also wanted to go to Pirate Island for dinner but I guess they had a fire so he declared that "BYU Bowling" was what he wanted. I thought it was funny that he specified that it had to be at BYU. Liam is such a smart kid! Doing homeschool with him has taught me that he knows more than I thought he did. He's learning to read VERY quickly, can tell left from right, can almost tie his shoes, sings a lot of songs, can run really fast, is kind and compassionate (when he wants to be), and give the best "I love you mommy" hugs.






The camera is blurry because he's SOOO excited!
NOT Natalie's birthday. He he...
All grown up!
I love this picture of Lige. He knows the good stuff that's coming! Cake!
Kids everywhere! We LOVE IT!
I wore this shirt when I was a kid. It's Natalie's current fave for bedtime.
One pair of pjs for opening presents at the crack of dawn, another for eating cake right before bed. Perfect day!
Master bedroom. To my fellow HGTV fans, yes, I KNOW the marriage certificate on the wall is not the proper scale. Vern would be horrified, but it's not staying there. In fact, it's already been moved.
The room without curtains...

The room with curtains. Now I just have to make a bed sash for the foot of my bed. Blue or Brown? What's your vote?


Never ending back yard...oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh...(Never ending story.....)

"Club house." The kids have used it to play school, rapunzel, spies, everything. It also probably contains half of my dishes. And some stuff from the pantry.

Basketball hoop and box gardens behind. I made homemade spaghetti sauce and fresh salad using the onions, peppers, tomatoes, and carrots. It's also got potatoes, corn, raspeberries, strawberries, peaches, and some other stuff. Does anyone want some jalapenos? I'm not a fan.

Kitchen from the living room. Our table seats 5. We're still looking for a bigger one, until then, card table it is...

Our tiny living room from the kitchen.

Back of house.

Family room office space. The cabinets were built in.



School room/craft room.


Play room. The black stripe is chalkboard paint. I like that the kids had written "dad loves mom" on the wall.

Well, there you have it. The pictures really don't do the house justice. For a real view, you'll have to come visit. To my Idaho family, we make a good pit stop. If I know you're coming, you get cookies....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So jealous of the backyard and playroom! That house really does look perfect for you guys. Maybe the owners will want to stay in Hawaii. I love your curtains. I haven't invested in good curtains yet for any of our houses. I guess I don't want to spend the money till I know we can stay forever.

Michelle said...

Thanks Amy. I MADE them. Mom found the cool fabric and it was CHEAP to boot. Woot woot. I can rhyme.

Faith Eshelman said...

Looks fantastic for your family! ...Especially now that you're homeschooling. :) Thanks for keeping up your blog. I don't read it often, but when I do, I'm absorbed! :O) You're a fun, creative writer. Those adjectives go toward mother too. And those don't even do your mothering skills justice. :)