19 May 2009

Pet Peeve



I can't STAND it when I see grammatical errors on signs that are meant to advertise some sort of service. Why would I take my car to be repaired by a man that spells car,"Kar"? No one knows. "Krazy Kar Kare". That is a real sign in American Fork. Fine. You want your sign to have alliteration? I have news for you....ALL of those words start with c's anyway. Dork. Then there are the ones that use weird letters to "draw the eye..." Fantastik, musik. K's aren't that great people. They don't sell your stuff. Your advertising does. As long as it's not retarded. My favorites are the ones that advertise for care and teaching of my children. "Kiddy Kare." If you can't even spell the word correctly, how are you going to teach my child? No one knows. Tune in next week for my sermon on those who do not use their blinkers.

What's your pet peeve/peeves?

13 comments:

Carly G. said...

This is great! Do you have Archivers stores in Utah? I hate that they're called "Archiver's" Like there is only one archiver out there and it's his store. Incorrect apostrophes like that drive me crazy.

Carly G. said...

Oh, and when people say "irregardless"
That's not a word!

kam said...

Your pet peeve is MINE!!! Seriously- you put it brilliantly and that's all I have to say about it :)

Nancy T said...

Kwikly kalm down, Michelle!
Actually, I kouldn't agree more.

skcoe said...

"Allot." This is not a word people, it's TWO WORDS. A lot.

Also, "your vs. you're." Know when to use an apostrophe!

LaurieJ said...

Ha! I thought I was the only one that hated this!

Unknown said...

Anywayssssss! No, people, "anyways" is not a word! It is "anyway"!

Contessa Elegante said...

So,the Krazy Kar Kare place in AF has always bothered me for a different reason...KKK ring a bell? The Kars for Kidneys organization has had ads up that have 3 huge K's on signs all over (I can't remember what the other K was for). It made me sick every time I saw them.

Red Dawg said...

We have a book on how to unclutter your life. It says never buy merchandise from stores that have animals in the name or that the name is spelled incorrectly. You can't trust a business that can't spell.

Unknown said...

When people send forwards in email that promise 20 years of bad luck or a painful death and bankruptcy if you don't forward it on to 20 of your friends.

"ya'll" It's all over the place here in Tennessee.

When people talk on their cell phones while driving.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I need to call you soon...

Megan Marie said...

Seriously one of my pet peeves is short shorts! They just are!

Danielson Family said...

Hey don't be mean to K's it starts the best name in the world.