06 June 2009

Summer Fun

We decided that it would be fun to spend each Saturday doing a picnic together as a family. Today's destination was Cascade Springs (on the Alpine Loop.) The kids had a great time running and jumping. We saw a snake and a whole bunch of fish. We also spent some time looking for as many wildflowers as we could find. Then we stopped for a picnic on the top of the mountain on the way to Midway. Thank heaven's for a car that fits all of us and can go where we want it to go!








5 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle,
What a great idea! We decided to do the same thing, sort of. We are going together as a family to different places like museums, the zoo, parks, etc. It's better that just sitting around at home.

It looks like it was a success and that everyone had a great time. Love the pictures.

Contessa Elegante said...

Those pictures are great! How fun! Your family is adorable!

danette said...

I want to take my kids to Cascade springs. I also want to take my kids to different parks this summer during the day.

Looking at your pictures makes me excited to take my kids.

There is this great spot my brother showed me up south fork canyon. It is past the first big park up south fork canyon.

skcoe said...

What a cute family picture! Did you set up a tripod or have a nice stranger take it for you?

Cascade Springs is one of my favorite spots, it's where Darren proposed to me! Looks like it was a beautiful day.

Red Dawg said...

Michelle,

Here are a couple of the books I have been thinking about:

Rats and Mrs. Frisby
Chocolate Fever
James and the Giant Peach
The rest of the CS Lewis Chronicles
Caddie Woodlawn
My Father's Dragon
Wrinkle in Time (may be too old for them)
Cricket in Times Square

I will write more when I have a minute. Maybe one of these would work.