25 February 2010

Grooming-Not for the queasy stomach

I am what my friend calls a mother gorilla. I like to groom my children. If it's gross, it has to go. I find joy in picking goop out of ears, boogers out of noses, and-if I could-pealing sunburned skin. For the last couple of days, Eli has had major boogerage in his right nostril. Oooooh. I have wanted to get it but didn't risk it because I knew I couldn't get up there without hurting him. Then yesterday, I noticed....(insert trumpets here) a little bit poking out his nose. Using great skill and dexterity, I maneuvered the offensive substance from his nasal passages. Ahhhhh! Release! And now he can breath again.

Liam is doing very well recovering from his tonsillectomy. He didn't have any weird reactions to the anesthetic and has enjoyed watching "Little Einsteins" over and over while eating his fill of popsicles. He heard the Dr. tell me to "give him whatever he wanted" which meant to not limit his diet to liquids. He has told everyone the doctor SAID he could have whatever he wants! And believe me, he's had it all. With Grandma around, he has had all that his highness could ever want. I wished I had my camera to take a picture of him in the little hospital gown and net cap over his hair. Ah well. It was cute, and it really hasn't been too bad.

3 comments:

Contessa Elegante said...

That's great! I didn't know he was getting them out, but what a trooper. I remember getting my tonsils out, and I was so miserable! My mom says I didn't eat for a week! You've got one amazing little guy there!
Thanks for sharing the booger story. I'm always afraid I'm the only wierdo who does stuff like that...

Stephanie said...

yay glad to hear he is doing well! i have to admit i have to get the boogers too!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. I'm pretty sure we need to hang out again soon.