19 February 2010

Ramblings, One month, and Catch up





I'm sitting next to Natalie who has managed to get blueberry muffin in her hair, eyes, ears, and pretty much anything else you can think of. She has grown up so much since Elijah came. She is finally starting to talk. She says: yeah yeah!, banana, nom (that means she's hungry), dada, and if we're really lucky, mama. She can climb anything and is fearless when doing it. I'm in a constant state of panic trying to keep her out of things, off of things, and off of the baby. She eats out of a bowl and uses a spoon, sort of. My favorite new trick is that she kneels and folds her chubby dimpled arms for family prayer.

The big new news is that Jason got a job this week. He will be working for a local company called Prosper doing sales. It's commission based so we're a little nervous but grateful for the opportunity to work and get back into a normal schedule. Other big news is that we put our condo up for sale. I thought it would be fun to add having to have a continually spotless house to my list of stuff to worry about. ;) We hope it sells quickly and we are looking forward to finding something with more space.

Elijah, shockingly has no quirky nickname. This is unprecedented in our family of Benny Penny, Bill, Barlaney, Joe John, and Monster. He was Kermit for a few days but it didn't stick. My dad calls him "Lige". We'll see. It's been our task this month to get Eli as fat as possible. I think we've succeeded. He's "very healthy". He is generally a very content little guy who rarely cries "for reals". He loves to cuddle and he loves to be warm. He's most happy when he can bask in some sunlight or take a warm bath. He HATES to be swaddled and keeps stretching until he gets out of it. My favorite thing about having more than one child is watching them interact. Ben and Liam spend hours playing with cars and airplanes. Natalie has been crawling in bed with Lizzy. The other day I caught the twins standing on the kitchen counter "making a concert". They were singing Jingle Bells over and over, each chorus got jazzier and jazzier.

Ben made us all proud by earning his Bobcat. He has had a lot of fun with scouting and likes to get his book out and request to learn something in it. He's such a good example!!





This last picture shows the reason that I have been able to practice the piano more in the last month than in the previous 12 months.




P.S. This is my threatening note to Amy: You know what will happen if you don't post. 4 weeks? For SHAME!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Oh my goodness, you are moving? Congrats on the job, and I understand wanting more space (my bro has 7 kids, and they were in a small condo for awhile...drove them crazy!) but we will be sad.

um, why have you not taken me up on my offer to take NAtalie? Guess what? I don't care if she's sick. I'm from a big fam with loads of little kiddies (And when I Say loads, I mean 17 grandkids under the age of 5) If she's shy or a mama's girl, then you could just come over for an afternoon so that she's not tearing about your house and her and Grace can play. Really, I would love to help you out, and Grace would LOVE to have a friend over. She loves having other kids over. it's her fave.

And/Or I can come clean for you. My mom and sister did this for me regularly after both my babies, and it was heaven. James has work off on Tuesdays so I can totally come with no worry about my kids.

your kids are GORGEOUS by the way.

Carly G. said...

Wow! You are one busy woman! Good luck with the condo sale. Are you guys going to stay in Orem? Keep me updated :)

kam said...

Michelle, I marvel at your super human abilities to mother a young family like you do. I seriously can't think of a more blessed group of children to have a mother and father SO devoted to their growth, development and happiness! I'm so glad that Jason has found employment. These are tough times and work is always a good thing. I will pray for his success! It's also a bonus that it's still in state! That makes me happy- even though we rarely see you guys it would make it even more difficult if we had to cross state lines ;)

p.s. good luck selling your home! I will pray that is sells quickly so you can take one thing off your list of things to do. Keeping the house spotless is NEVER easy- especially when you add a newborn to the equation. Congrats again on the good things happening for your family. Elijah is just so amazingly handsome- (as expected ;)

Heather said...

Good luck selling the home . . . we are days away from getting our house ready to go on the market (staging is a bear) and we're nervous about this economy.

Best of luck, and the baby is darling!

Becca said...

hey! tuesday should work just fine. how exciting. and yes you can def pick apart my brain about photography. i'm no pro but i do love it.

Becca said...

hey michelle. i'm sorry to say that we woke up with sore throats and coughs this morning. so even though I don't care when other kids are sick, ha obviously I wouldn't want to give you any germs with a new babe and all. I am so sorry. let's reschedule.

and that last pic of your playing the piano! AMAZING. you are so talented, and that is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Jenny said...

I hope you guys sell your condo quickly too. You really do NEED more space, best of luck and I'm glad Jason is working.

Contessa Elegante said...

Good luck selling the condo. Just so you know...downtown Provo has some pretty sweet homes!;)

I love seeing you play the piano! I miss hearing it! You have such a sweet family!