23 March 2010

Eli




Has it been two months already?! Sheesh! Eli is one of the most cheerful babies ever. He has already laughed several times making a lopsided grin and staring into my eyes. What a loveit! His blessing day was a great day. Thanks to all the family and friends that came and supported us! Jason did a beautiful job and the spirit was strong.
Eli was diagnosed with RSV on Friday and it has been difficult. We feel so blessed, however, because of the priesthood in our home. Dad and Jason gave him a blessing and he was promised that Heavenly Father would be close by to watch and protect him and that He would send his angels to do the same. It said that his body would be comforted and that he had this disease so that his body could build up the immunities that he would need in later life. It also said that it was the power of the priesthood that would protect him. It has been hard watching him go through it but we have had several beautiful moments with him. Sometimes he looks off into space and does a huge grin and laughs. I feel so blessed to have the help of the priesthood and the gospel to aid me in motherhood. I don't know how people survive without them! There are so many nights when I go to bed wondering how on Earth we made it through the day without a trip to the hospital. I'm also grateful because it makes it easier to sleep when I know he is being well looked after!





10 comments:

Heather said...

Michelle,

He is darling and I hope that you get this sickness behind you quickly.

And as for you--how can you look so fabulous with so many kids?!?!?

danette said...

I am glad to her that Eli is feeling better. Caleb had rsv at 9 months and spent 1 week in the hospital.

I love your new picture of your kids. Those dresses are so cute.

Oh and yea those are azalea's shoes. You can just toss them, they were getting small anyways.

Nancy T said...

Love, love the pictures and thankyou for your testimony. You are a wonderful, faithful daughter.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the updated pictures!!! Such a cute family!

Stephanie said...

love the blessing outfit! he is so cute! sorry he is so sick i hope he fights it off quickly!! hope you are doing good!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the photos! That one on the side of Jane is totally how I picture her. Where have lizzy's teeth gone? Did she not want them anymore? poor petry!

Dan and Melissa said...

What a beautiful post! You are one of the best moms I know;)
I will be thinking and praying for Eli and hopefully he will be 100% soon.
I feel so blessed to have Kyle (I know what you mean about falling in love with their smile and giggle...it makes it all worth it).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.