05 July 2008

The best man for the job

Jason and I had a really great date a couple of weeks ago. He flew me to Brigham City to see John and Misa's adorable new twin boys. (Jason's brother.) There was a little turbulence but I didn't have a panic attack and I really enjoyed the trip. I was quite proud of myself. Turbulence in a tiny airplane is a lot different than it is in a big aircraft. It's always fun for me to hear Jas work the radio. He sounds so professional. Especially compared to a lot of other student pilots we heard.

Alec and Ammon, the twins, are absolutely adorable! I have no pictures because I was too busy getting my fix from holding them to take any! It became very evident how out of practice I am at having a newborn when I tried to redress Ammon. He got wet because I didn't change the diaper fast enough....

Jason took John and the boys up for a couple of joy rides. They all had a great time.

5 comments:

skcoe said...

"Jason flew me to Logan..." I love how you just say that so plainly like it's PERFECTLY normal to just have your husband FLY you somewhere on your date. I love it!

Sounds like he's really doing something he loves, and I'm glad you're putting it to good use and going on a date!

Jenny said...

How fun, when do we get to go for a ride? ;)
I know what you mean about the newborn thing, I totally forgot what it was like too, get ready, you'll be doing it again soon too :)

Unknown said...

That is SO COOL that Jason can fly you around!
I'm getting quite nervous about the newborn thing myself. This'll be my FIRST time. I plan to "go with the flow" - and I hear there is quite a bit of flow.

Contessa Elegante said...

That's quite the date!! How fun! Next thing you know, you're going to be writing "Jason just decided to take me to New York for a musical on broadway...we need a little break from the kids..." You both definately deserve it!

Shannon said...

Jason flying an airplane...how come this still scares me a little bit? Honestly, though, that's super fun. I'm too scared to go up in one of those things...Micah's done it with our brother-in-law and I'm content with hearing stories. Next time fly out to Kentucky and visit us!