21 August 2008

I haven't done a post forever because nothing and everything is going on right now. I'm afraid that learning how to balance the stress of waiting while still trying to be productive and active doesn't go well with pregnancy hormones. In the next month there will be a lot of changes. Or none. We have no idea. We've been "livin' on love" and faith for the past 2 years. Some of you who read this blog are probably wondering to yourselves what the heck fire we think we're doing. I'll answer that. WE DON'T KNOW except to say that we're trying to follow promptings and have been directed a lot by the spirit. I kind of feel like we're Lehi and Sarai being led in the wilderness and when we're righteous, we're told where to go but we don't know our end destination. It is all quite frustrating. However, a lot of big blessings have come from our constant delays and set backs in this career change. I'm going to list them because tonight I need a reminder of what they are so I don't lose it again!
1. We've spent the entire summer together as husband and wife teaching our children to start routines that include prayer and scripture study as a family and as individuals. It's made a TREMEDOUS difference in the confidence of our children and the atmosphere in our home.
2. We can stay up late any night we want because we don't have to get up for work the next morning.
3. The house stays clean longer because there are 2 of us working on it.
4. We've had to completely rely on our Heaven Father for EVERYTHING which has added greatly to the strength of our marriage and my testimony.
5. Because of our struggles which led to a stronger focus on our family, we heard the prompting that there was another child waiting and now Natalie is on the way. Babies are always blessings.

7 comments:

Heather said...

You're really an inspiration. I am such a planner that I don't do "leaps of faith" very well. :)

Hopefully the blessings will show themselves sooner rather than later. And good for you to really have taken advantage of this time together as a family. Who knows if something like this will ever happen again!

Anonymous said...

I am such a list maker too and it always helps to spell out those blessings. Your kids are at the perfect age to be teaching them the right things and usually at that age they really stick :-)

kam said...

You guys are amazing!!! I know the Lord will continue to bless you and your family. And HECK YAH!!! If little Natalie is HALF as cute as her sisters you guys have it made! What an adorable family!!!

Jenny said...

You guys really are inspirational, you totally have taken a "leap of faith" and I know that the Lord for sure will bless you. I know how hard it can get some days, relying on the Lord for everything and all. I hope your future is full of happy and good changes and I am totally willing to help out where ever if you need help with kids when the baby comes etc. You helped me with Kyler way back in the day and I owe you still, so seriously don't hesitate to ask. Love you guys, you are so awesome Michelle, hang in there, looking forward to seeing the new little one soon.

Contessa Elegante said...

Way to go! You guys are great! I hate living in the "limbo" stages when you just aren't sure where you'll be in a few years/months/weeks. Way to take the leaps of faith!

Stephanie said...

you guys are such amazing people! and the Lord is going to bless you soooo much! I can't wait to meet little Natalie!

Dan and Melissa said...

Love the post... in my opinion your treasure is coming soon (just around the corner). Sounds like you've already had some of those blessings with your family being closer and having more peace in your home. We love you guys!