28 August 2008

IF YOU STAND HERE LONG ENOUGH, YOU'LL SEE YOURSELF COME OUT. THERE'S 2 OF EVERYBODY IN THERE

My local Macey's, I think, is one of those paradoxes of the universe where everything comes together. A lot of my great ideas have come while sitting in the parking lot. I've seen everyone there too. Or at least their twin. I've seen, I swear, Warren Jeffs, Angelina Jolie, and President Bush. (There is also this weird guy that dresses all in white and has a gray beard and long hair that looks like a modern Judas Iscariot. You others that live here probably have seen him too. He's always walking into the parking lot when I see him.) Anyway, the other day I was waiting in the car for Jason to come out and I noticed this lady with long red hair pulling a couple of little kids along behind her. She was shaped like me and looked like me. All the way down to the straggly hair, no make-up, worn out mommy look. I thought "I look awful. Time for a change." I called my friend who does hair and she gave me a new do that I absolutely-drum roll please-LOVE! I'm really looking forward to having short hair when I'm nursing. There's nothing like long tangled hair sticky with breast milk.

In other news this week, we decided Saturday would be a good time for the baby to come. (I'm not due for a month.) This pregnancy has gone by SO quickly. Until this week. Now that it is HOT and I'm gaining 2 pounds a week, peeing 6 times a night, and generally miserable, everything has slowed down. Except my contractions. BLAST. Good thing I have cute little Alec around to hold and snuggle. For pictures, click on Kristen's blog. He's freakin cute.

Ben started first grade. We miss him. He's LOVING it, of course but our home feels empty while he's gone. He gets to go to orchestra before school twice a week and loves that the most. BRAG ALERT: He can play "Hot Cross Buns" on the piano and the violin and is very proud of himself. He even taught Jane how to play it on the piano.

Life is moving along here. I have a list of stuff to finish before the baby comes. Anyone up for a day spent painting the ceilings and kitchen cabinets of my condo? I'll feed you....

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny! I think that I miss Macey's. Don't tell anyone I said that. Please buy a monkey bar for me. I month left isn't too bad. Hah! I just ditched the nursing and diaper bag thing this week.

Contessa Elegante said...

Way to get a new look! I think every mom deserves that just before they have a baby. Good luck getting stuff ready. I'd love to help with the painting...I'm pretty sure I'd just be in the way though with my little ones. Way to go Ben...it looks like he'll fit right into the Findlay Family!! Are you guys stilling looking into Fort Worth? I mentioned to Jason that I had a friend selling a house there. If so, let me know and I'll send you the house info. It looks like a really pretty house. Uh...I guess I should have just emailed you, or called...sorry!

Anonymous said...

We need to get our girls together! Sydney keeps talking about how she wants to play with her friend 'big Jane' as opposed to Whit's baby Jane. maybe when the baby comes and you need a break!

Jenny said...

Wow, only a month left, hope it really doesn't take that long. I love to paint, I could for sure come over in the evening or on a saturday, seriously let me know if you want help.

kam said...

So where are the pictures?? ;) I am sure the new look is FABULOUS! I am also so excited to see pics of baby Natalie in a month (or less- hey it's always a possibility). Good luck with the projects. I STILL have about half a dozen "before the baby gets here" projects that are waiting for what now I don't know since "the baby" has been here for over a month ;) ;). Ahh well I am sure you have more ambition then I ever did. ;)

Dan and Melissa said...

We would love to help paint... especially if some free food is involved. We love you guys. I want to see your new hair cut.

Carly G. said...

I need the haircut picture!! I'm scheduled for a haircut on Thursday and I need any and all ideas.....

Shannon said...

I can't help paint, but I'll give you some words of hope: My baby came 4 weeks early so it is possible! P.S. Tell Jason to schedule a flight out here already!

Danielson Family said...

Just so everyone knows, she looks beautiful! I wish I looked that well with short hair!