04 January 2011

Christmas 2010








I love winter. I love snow. From Thanksgiving to New Year's Day I think it should snow and we should sled, build snowmen, and ice skate. But about this time I start dreaming of beaches and sunshine. I've decided that I really would like to go to the gulf of Mexico in Texas this summer. Warmer water, fewer crowds. In fact, I'm pretty much ready to take any trip, anywhere. TODAY!

We had an awesome Christmas. I don't think I've had such a relaxing Christmas since we had kids. I had a weird reaction to a decongestant so I slept for half the day, off and on, interspersed with puzzles, movies, and playtime with the kids. We ate well and had a great time together.

Christmas Eve we tried a nativity and it was hilarious! Richard read the narrator part and we had David and Alyson join in as shepherds. Jane and Lizzy were the angels and Abi was Mary. The boys filled in as kings while the babies ran around as various animals or shepherds or whatever we could get them to wear. The entire program lasted about 4 minutes.

The boys were excited to have Dave have a sleep-over with them. I think Ben was more excited about that than Santa coming. Ben got up at about 3 o'clock in the morning and showered so he would be ready to go upstairs as soon as family prayer was done.

It was fun watching Natalie figure stuff out on Christmas morning, she kept watching the other kids open their presents and then spent time trying to play with the others new toys. She did finally figure it out but I think I opened most of her presents for her. Elijah just crawled around and played happily with the wrapping paper.

Over all, we felt very blessed and experienced as often as we could the spirit of Christmas and the peace our Savior's life has given to us all.

2 comments:

Natalie Layton said...

Well, I don't really recommend going to the Gulf of Mexico in Texas in the summer. It's hot and super humid. It would probably be really nice around April/May.

I'm glad you guys had a nice Christams!

Carly G. said...

Natalie's face in that last picture is a scream! Looks like it was a great holiday for you. Here's to a fantastic 2011!