03 February 2011

I'm IN, I'm IN!!

I have to do a short-and probably sappy- post on the music group I've gotten involved with. It's a sextet (currently, though we're looking for a strong ALTO,) of women- and I am lucky enough to be the accompanist. We meet after kids are in bed so we have all the time in the world. These women are A MAZE ING! Every single one of them is unique and incredibly strong, spiritually and physically! Every week, I find myself in geek mode around them. I say stupid things that I think about later, blushing of course. I feel like the most nerdy girl in the high school that somehow, inexplicably, got accepted into the popular crowd. But I've learned so much from their testimonies and life experiences. I've really enjoyed getting to know them and I hope we'll keep meeting for a long time.

4 comments:

Contessa Elegante said...

Very cool! It sounds like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

That's so cool! I think it would be so much fun to have a group like that!

Red Dawg said...

I would be your Alto. sniff sniff. Wish I were closer.

Holly Decker said...

aw, shucks, I really dig you, too! :)
i laughed because i do the exact same thing... come home and rehearse all the lame things i say :)
thanks for the shout out and hope to see ya next week for our counseling session... oops, i mean, music rehearsal! :)
hugs.
Holly