04 May 2008

Birthday Fun

We decided to go to the zoo for the girls birthday instead of having a "friend party"-which in my neighborhood means spending thousands of dollars and inviting 40-1000 out of control sugared up kids into your home. No thanks! We had a perfect day at the zoo. The temp was cool and the sky a little overcast which cut out the battle of trying to keep hats on the kids. We stayed for about 3 hours, saw everything but the zebras (Ben pointed that out while we exited the park), and had the help of Grandma and Papa Findlay, Catie, Justin, James, and Erin. Many hands make light work and I think all of the kids got a healthy dose of love and attention! Hooray for grandmas and papas everywhere! (And aunts and uncles) Especially when they live nearby and always help you out! Liam had a great time riding in the stroller. The only thing he didn't enjoy was the elephants. I still don't know if it was the size or the smell of them that scared him. Lizzy was excited about the giraffes- my favorite to0, Jane had a great time being chaufered in Catie's wheel chair, and Ben loved everything he saw. He's been wanting to go to the zoo for a year now. We're glad we went. Especially since everyone was asleep by 8:00 that night!

5 comments:

Kim said...

What a great idea to have a party at the zoo. Donna said she saw you there:) Tom and I have this on going joke when planning what to do. I'm always for a trip to the zoo. He's not so enthusiastic. Wish we had been there too. By the time I finally talk Tom into it, it's usually the end of the summer and we without exception pick the hottest day of the year. It looks like your day was perfect weather, and the kids look like they had a blast. Happy Birthday x2!

Anonymous said...

Don't you feel sorry for people who don't have twins? :-) What a fun day. I hate friend parties :-p

Danielson Family said...

I am so sad I wasn't able to go but they look so cute in their birthday outfits!

Jenny said...

Glad you got to get out as a family and have a fun time. Good idea to skip out on a party, it's so not worth it sometimes, parties do cost too much. Happy Birthday twins!

Contessa Elegante said...

Those pictures are so great! It makes me want to go to the zoo...you definately did it the right way though! Last time we went we went with three adults and two kids. I discovered that time that I need two adults for Celia...maybe three! Your kids are too adorable. Oh, by the way, I only had ONE "friend" birthday party when I was growing and I don't feel jaded at all!