27 May 2008

Today is our 8 year wedding anniversary. This has been a hard year for us so we are especially proud of making it this far!! For my post, I stole a Q&A from my cousin Carly's blog. (Thanks Carly) It was fun to revisit our wedding day. I love you Jas. I'm looking forward to the next 80 years.
1. What month & year were you married?
May 27, 2000
2. How did he ask you?
He took me for a drive around all of our favorite places and ended up at the Manti temple. I probably should have known what was up because it was Valentine's Day but I was totally surprised! He had said he didn't want to propose without a ring and I knew he didn't have one for me yet. Thanks to his mom, he was able to smuggle one down to Ephraim. He got down on one knee and everything.

3. Where did you honeymoon?
We went to a hotel in the middle of Sardine Canyon (between Brigham City and Logan). It was gorgeous. There were hiking trails and the hotel was set back into the hills. It was quiet and private. We've gone back since and it has been redecorated and is really nice.
4. Can you still fit in your dress?
Not since my twins found my ribs when I was pregnant with them. They're 2 inches wider now. ouch!
5. What was the worst gift you got?
A used crock pot with crusted food still on it.
6. What flavor was your wedding cake?
IThe top and bottom layers were chocolate and the middle layer was carrot.
7. Were you a bridezilla?
I hope not!! I'm sure I was emotional at times but my mom did most of the stressing and worrying (with good grace). I pretty much just wanted to get married. It's funny how you have your dream wedding planned since you were 5 and then when it comes down to actually doing it, you don't really care.
8. Whats one thing you would change about your wedding?
I would have had someone else print all of our invitations. We did them ourselves and it took FOREVER!! That was what I got the most emotional over.
9. Do you still look at your wedding pics?
Of course!
10. What colors did you use?
Lavender and yellow.
11. Where did you tie the knot?
In the Manti temple in the "Well's room." Jason's grandpa Findlay performed the sealing.
12. Whats one funny thing that happened that day?
My sister left the reception early and didn't know our bags were in the trunk of the car she took. We had to drive around and find the car and then head back to the reception to take spare car keys to my parents so they could get home.
13. How many showers did you have?
3, which was amazing! We felt sooo spoiled!
14. Did you cry?
I don't remember that I did. I think Jason did though...
15. Did you give any wedding favors away?
Not that I remember...
16. Who caught the flowers and garter?
I can't remember! If anyone else does, let me know. I had an extra bouquet to throw so my gorgeous one didn't get ruined.
17. Who was your officiant or minister?
Jason's Grandpa Findlay
18. How much was your wedding dress, undergarments and all?
I can't remember but I think it was around $300. The dress that my amazingly talented mom copied was on sale for $450.
19. Was there dancing?
No but we had the family string quartet which was awesome.
20. Where was the reception?
In my Grandpa T's amazing back yard. That was the major detail from my childhood dreams of a perfect wedding that I really wanted to keep. If you've been there you know why. We also had an open house that Jason's mom did for us at their chapel. It was fun and relaxed. We did it after our honeymoon.
21. Would go back and do it over again?
Absolutely!! (And not just for the presents!)
22. How long did you have to plan your wedding?
3 1/2 months. Sorry Mom! But it came out great!!
23. What kind of car were you in when you drove away?
Our very own 19-something Nissan Stanza. We had to replace the oil in it every 30 miles or so. It was interesting trying to get it through the canyon. It didn't do well with hills. :) But it was OURS!!
24. How many in your wedding party?
I think I had like 7 bridesmaids but only some of them came to the reception and some came to the open house.
25. Did you do anything different in your wedding or reception?
I was wearing NO MAKEUP! I got really burned from taking the pictures at the temple and I washed my makeup off before the reception. When we got there, my makeup bag was missing and it was time for more pictures so I didn't have time to redo it. Oh well. i look nice and red in all of my reception pics.
26. Did you save the top layer of your cake for your 1 year anniversary?
Yes. And then we forgot about it and found it like 3 years later. Gross.
27. If so, did you eat it? Was it still good?
No. Freezer burn. Enough said.

7 comments:

Contessa Elegante said...

Congrats! I think you're wrong though...there is no way you've already been married 8 years.

Jenny said...

I keep forgetting you guys got married right when we got home from our honeymoon. Isn't it crazy how time flies, 8 years already. Congrats! Hope you have a fun date planned.

Stephanie said...

congrats! 8 years that is awesome!

kam said...

Happy anniversary to both of you!!!

Unknown said...

a used crock pot is like the grossest thing ever. It is almost like giving you used lingerie---well, not quite but it is up there. congrats on 8 years!

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle!! How have you been? Congrats on your anniversary!! Nate and I just celebrated our fith... crazy how time flies... and Richard is turning four next week!!! I'm not old enough to have a four year old! :) Hope every thing is great with you. Sorry I haven't written in a while. Things have been busy. Cute blog though. I loved the story about Janey's prayer about the baby shower...so cute!! lol. Oh, and congratulations on the baby girl!!!

Nora Mair said...

Happy anniversary! I remember the beautiful back yard and the reception. It was such a perfect location. To the next 80!