01 May 2008

The Little Things


The girls have preschool for an hour and a half twice a week. I use one day for grocery shopping and the other for other errands. Today I found great joy in purchasing maternity garments!! Nothing says "joy and contentment" more than the ability to BREATH for the first time in a month!! I was thinking about how this little thing made such a difference in my day, and I realized- again- that it really is the little things that add that extra zoomph in our lives.
  • Pants that fit! The right length, waist, pockets in the right place....okay it's not such a little thing but it makes me feel good to wear pants that actually fit!
  • Liam's wonder this morning at the ferret he saw at the pet store. His eyes were huge!
  • The new baby kicking and moving inside me. Already my most active baby.
  • Anything with whipped cream.
  • Ben's curious questions. He's got a busy mind! "Mommy, what's under the dirt? What are those things for that cows and pigs have on their tummies that all the babies get?"
  • Chocolate. It deserves its own category, don't you think? It's been linked to studies for improvement in headaches, depression, birth defects, and heart disease among other things.
  • Friday nights when you suddenly remember there is no school tomorrow.
  • Walking down the school supplies aisle at the end of summer. Sharpened pencils and colored markers and crayons. Post-it notes. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
  • Sleeping kids. Enough said.
  • Jane and Lizzy hugging each other.
  • The HOT man I'm married to.

3 comments:

skcoe said...

I'm like a kid in a candy store in the school supplies aisles. LOVE THEM!

Jenny said...

MMMM...Chocolate :)

Kim said...

It really is the little things that make or break each day. Love your list!