06 February 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom's birthday was last week. Most of you know her and what an incredible person she is. I decided not to let this opportunity to brag about her slip by. I'd be dead without my mom. Seriously! She sewed my prom dress, my wedding dress, the girls' blessing dresses, and A LOT of other fancy and not so fancy things. It's a good thing she knows how to sew because I just can't do it. My kids will go naked after she's moved on...

My mom is the babysitter wonder. I know she gets tired of my kids sometimes but, she's always willing to watch them for me. I think about all those times when I was sick in bed and she came and picked them up and kept them for the day. (That was my favorite birthday present last year as well.) I'd be dead from a lack of sleep if not for her.

My mom can sing and play a myriad of instruments. I remember falling asleep to her playing the piano. It's one of the main reasons I stuck with my piano lessons. I wanted to do that for my family some day. I love when she sings around the house. She is currently in "the band". She plays the bass ukelelee (I have no idea at the moment how to spell that.) They sing old gospel songs and play on instruments like the gut bucket, etc. How cool is that? And I can get her autograph any time I want to.

Have you seen my mom's house and yard? Who has time for all that? She makes times. She's actually won awards for her garden. It's nice because we use her yard all summer to relax. And her house is decorated better than an interior designer's home. It's always beautiful and clean. (Except the time between when our kids get there and when we leave. Sorry Mom.) We always knew friends were welcome at our house.

I could go on and on...but I'm not gonna. I think she's pretty great and I wouldn't trade her for anyone. HONK IF YOU THINK MY MOM'S GREAT!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honk honk! She puts together a mean cookbook too :-)

Jenny said...

Honk! Honk! You do have a really great mom, she is awesome!

Carly G. said...

Don't forget her amazing bouquet making abilities! She made the BEST bouquet for my wedding and I'm forever indebted to her for it :) Happy B-Day Nancy!!

Heather C. said...

Here, here!

She has sewn billions of things for me too, and has inspired me to be a better homemaker.

Happy Birhtday (belated) Aunt Nancy! You are well loved!

love, Heather