09 February 2008

Why I LOVE/am addicted to Blogging

About a year ago, I started a "series of unfortunate events" that led me into a depression. It's weird when I look back onto that period of my life. Everything seems dark, even in memory. Between the depression and health problems, I dropped out of contact with the human world it seems. I began to emerge from the abyss during the fall and discovered that I had no idea what was going on in anyone else's life. I thought about it and realized that I really hadn't kept up with what's going on for a long time. I think having small children makes that normal but nevertheless, I realized I missed everyone. I missed the gossip and encouragement.
I am a shy person. It's weird because I can be a chatterbox- I talk when I'm nervous or uncomfortable. Or if I know you really well. ( This can be annoying and is a weird flaw in my personality that shows Heavenly Father has a sense of humor.) Because of my shyness, it seemed too difficult to get to know everyone again. Then, I was introduced to "the blogosphere." When I found how many of my gorgeous, talented, incredible, and extraordinary cousins had blogs too I was excited. I feel compelled to mention that I wouldn't have made it through the first awful bout of morning sickness without you to connect me to the world outside of my bedroom and the living room couch.
It was fun today to reconnect in person with some of you. It just seemed like everyone knew each other better. I'm so grateful for all of you. Your talents and ideas as mothers and wives inspire me to be better, and happier! Thanks for including me in your club. I missed you.

PS To my new Aunt Kate: welcome to the family. We all really like you, you know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry!I love the way that I feel better connected with my blog. Funny huh? I thought the computer was so impersonal but I guess it kind-of frees us up to put stuff out there that we normally wouldn't share...I'm glad your back too :-)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry this has been such a rough year for you. Depression sucks huh? I have been getting to know it pretty well since Abi was born. Blast those hormones. I'm glad you're feeling better. I love reading your blogs but I do wish we talked more/hung out more. We've just been so antisocial because we're trying to keep her from getting RSV. We saw so many kids who had to be put on oxygen while Richard was on-call. They looked miserable and we hope our kids never get RSV. Hope you feel better this week. Just tell your stomach to behave. :)

Tiffany said...

I'm happy I get to be in your club too!!! I'm sorry to hear about your depression... I've never gone through that myself, but a close family memeber of mine has... and that is a hard, hard thing to go through!!! I am SO sorry... and I'm glad you got through it!! ...and I sent you an invite to my blog, but the only email address I have for you guys is Jason's at yahoo... is that the one you want me to send it to you at?? Let me know! Love you tons! YOU inspire me!!!!

Michelle said...

jasonsdate@gmail.com

Jenny said...

I know what you mean, I never thought I would be so blog obsessed but it really has been nice to connect to people that you don't talk to every day and just nice to see what everyone is up too. You know how shy I can be too so I can relate. If you ever feel the depression coming on again don't be afraid to ask a Dr. for something, I has postpartum after both kids, with Kyler I got way depressed but didn't get help but with McKay I did and it made a huge difference. I know the idea of being medicated isn't ideal but it helps even everything out and seams to really help. I'm glad you are doing okay now, hope the morning sickness ends soon. Sorry for the way long forever comment. :)

Nora Mair said...

I felt like I'd struck gold when I found your blog. And all the other cousins because of the ease of getting to know and keep in touch(how ever lurker it feels). It was so good seeing you on Saturday. Did you just come home and tell Jason the whole story? I yabbered on and on to poor James..."Oh and she said she knew before they met that he was the one...he he"

Carly G. said...

About depression....between the two of us we could surely fill a book with sad tales :)

Hey, is Kate on blogger?? Hopefully she is! If not, tell her to start one up!
love ya!
Carly