15 February 2008

Valentines day on hormones


Yesterday was full of its ups and downs (the definite up, of course, being my date with Jason :))
I think a good illustration of the entire day can be described in my trip to McDonald's. As I was cleaning my room, I discovered I had......drum roll....2 WHOLE DOLLAR BILLS!!!!! I never have cash. Suddenly, the thought of packing the girls up for preschool didn't seem so impossible. I could drop them off and then get some sausage!!! I worked quickly-as fast as my blueberry would let me without throwing up. The girls were only 2 minutes late. As I drove away I literally prayed to thank Heavenly Father that I was making all of the green lights. I got more hungry as I drove. (It's about 6 blocks from the girls preschool to McD's-but there are 2 traffic lights.) I pulled off to the side to find out just how much cash I had and found I had another dollar in change. I rejoiced. I pulled up to the window and realized that I NEEDED hashbrowns too.
"Welcome to McDonald's, what can I make for you today?"
"Does the sausage and hot cakes platter come with hashbrowns." I desperately needed to know.
"No."
Panic ensued. AHhhhhhh!
"Can I substitute the hot cakes with hashbrowns?"
"So no hotcakes?!" She sounded horrified.
"That's right. "
"Okay, that's $1.08"
I pulled forward, again rejoicing. Leaning forward in my seat in anticipation. Suddenly I realized that $1.08 wouldn't cover what I ordered. I literally-and this is great- let out a sob. "NO!" I plummeted down to the "depths of despair" that would put Anne Shirley to shame. I pulled up to the window.
"Hi. I think you misunderstood my order." (She looked shocked.) "I really NEED just sausage and hashbrowns. Can you do that?"
"Um..." she looks around for a manager. I panic.
"Can't I just have the sausage biscuit and hashbrowns from the .99 cent menu?"
"oh, I can fix it."
I had to hold myself in my seat and check my tears of joy. Seriously. She looked at me with some worry.
"I'm pregnant." I explain. Suddenly she's trying not to laugh. I don't mind because I'm so HAPPY. When I got to the window, the lady only gave me the hashbrowns. DESPAIR!!!!
"Um, excuse me. I'm supposed to have sausage too..."
She looked at me like I was crazy. But then handed over the bag. OH WHAT JOY!!! I was $2.00 poorer but, oh so happy. From tears to joy and from starvation to gluttonous binging. Ode to McDonald's! What would I do without you? Da da da da da, I'm lovin' it!

9 comments:

Jenifer said...

Oh my gosh. This is funny. I linked to you from Tiffany L. Isn't being pregnant so hard sometimes. I found myself getting anxious reading this. Please get her some sausage! I think Heavenly Father knows just what we need sometimes. I'm glad you found $2!

Nora Mair said...

I had a date after my ob appt at MD for a hotfudge sundae with nuts. Each week I'd ask for 1/2 the hf on the bottom and 1/2 on the top. Because I don't speak Spanish (no offense) I got every concoction out there. Hot fudge on the side...charged for extra hot fudge...chocolate sauce (blah). Pregnacy merits "I'm lovin' it" at least weekly.

kam said...

funny funny stuff! I hear you and I sympathize! My McD's weakness with this baby is their Spicy chicken sandwich (also on the dollar menu). Funny I had a similar experience finding 2 bucks. I found this money in Bj's pant's pocket while doing laundry...and just assumed he was leaving me a tip for caring enough to wash his clothes...so I ran to McD's for my spicy chicken and small orange soda. YUM!!!

Kim said...

"I'm lovin' it!" Seriously, this made my day. So funny. Thanks for sharing.

Tiffany said...

SO FUNNY!!! You're quite the writer! ...SERIOUSLY hilarious! I'm glad it all worked out!!

Danielson Family said...

Michelle, you are my favorite pregnant sister! I am so glad they could fix your order and get you your fix.

Bryan, Natalie, Maya and Little B said...

I haven't laughed out loud reading a blog post in a long time. Thanks!

Contessa Elegante said...

This post makes me miss you! It actually made me think of the many Wendy's runs we made in high school!

Michelle said...

Oh yeah! Bobby's World bobble heads and using the sun roof on the Jetta.