03 February 2008

A "Little" Get Together...








Through the miracle of modern technology, I was able to contact and be contacted by certain friends from more than a decade ago (yep folks, I'm a gettin' old). These friends invited me and my family to "small" gathering. We attended with great anticipation. I was very pleased to see so many friends of old doing so well. Perhaps your reading comprehension skills lead to you wonder what possible foreshadowing the words in " " could mean. Well, wonder no longer. At last count I discovered that our gathering had also accumulated 28 children (give or take 5 or 6...) in one house. It appeared that the age range constituted ages 0 - 8 approximately. I didn't ask to find out how old the oldest child was, but man alive it was a CIRCUS! My kudos go to Jenny and her Husband (I'll remember his name probably 5 minutes after I'm done with the post) for their unwavering hospitality in hosting this monumental occasion.

As I am usually THE life of the party, it was I who requested a group photo of the adults (I guess I'm one of those now). And someday 30 years from now you'll all be thanking me for doing it. Please, please hold your accolades and offerings... I'm not asking for glory or recognition. But if anyone has 30 or 40 thousand dollars they want to give me to pay off student loans, I'll have NO SHAME in accepting it.

Anyway, back to business. Here are a few of the long-anticipated photos from the party. And thanks again to all of you for inviting me and making me and my family welcome. We are very grateful.

4 comments:

skcoe said...

I've been waiting for you to post these!!! I'm so sad I couldn't be there, I hope we'll do it again in the summer. It looks like a LOT of fun!

skcoe said...

PS...I also need to mention...what a GOOD LOOKING group of people! Everyone still looks so young and vibrant. NICE!

The Uffens Family said...

Thanks for making the effort to come on such short notice! It was so fun to get to meet your wife and kids (at least what I saw of the kids as they ran around!) Best of luck in the new career goals!

: )
polly

Danielson Family said...

Is that Liam that took the place of honor right up front? He must be taking your place :).