18 January 2008

GRATEFUL

My friend Tiffany has a section on her blog called 52 weeks of gratitude. Each week she shows a picture of something she's grateful for. I decided to copy her idea-better late than never. This week I'm grateful for good literature. I just finished reading The Peacegiver. I've had it on my book shelf for over a year. The other day I was looking for something to read and it just stood out to me. What an incredible insight to forgiveness and ways to strengthen relationships! I cried through half of it and came away feeling like my life had been truly blessed and changed forever. Has anyone else read it? What's your favorite book?

5 comments:

Heather said...

How in the world do you find time to READ? I have to admit, I've only read a handful of books over the last year--seems that scriptures or the dishwasher calls me louder.
I did read The Kite Runner, however, and loved 98% of it (there's a part that's disturbing, but the rest is fantastic). I also have to admit, I am a Twilight series follower. (Yes, I am a reader of teen books!)

Jenny said...

I was also wondering how you could possibly have time to read. I have heard of this book, maybe I should read it I haven't read many books for a long time even though I used to read quite a bit. I love to read Nature stuff, Tom Brown Jr. is my favorite and his book titled "the Vision" is my favorite book of his. I haven't jumped on the "Twillight" train yet though.

Carly G. said...

Ha!! I found you!! Levi and I just started a blog so I'm trying to find everyone in our family that has one so i can be part of this so called blogosphere!
Miss you to death and I love you!
Carly

Anonymous said...

That is a seriously life changing book! You will not be the same after reading it and you will never look at people around you the same. I think it should be required reading :-)

kam said...

I LOVE "The Peacegiver"! It is a very spiritually moving book. One of my very favorites! Right now I am on a Max Lucado "kick". The writer of the children's books like, "You are Special". He also writes Christian literature. Though he is not LDS, I find his writing uplifting...