14 January 2008

Ye Olde Museum

As I sit here typing this, the picture is giving me the chills. It might not last too long on my blog but I know how most of you feel about spiders and I thought it would be fun to freak everyone out. Including myself. We had a fun trip to the Bean Museum for family last week. The kids had a blast and it was free. Afterwards we went home for hot chocolate because it was too cold for ice cream. We all had a lot of fun and it wore the kids out who all slept soundly that night.
One of the things they have there is a giraffe head mounted on the wall as you're going up the stairs. Giraffes have always been one of my favorite animals at the zoo. They're kind of mystical but now, I think they're kind of freaky. The way they stare....or maybe they don't do that when they're still alive, it's just the glass marbled eyes that give them that look. I don't know, but I felt more comfortable next to the spiders.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like Giraffes too but I think that statue would freak me out as well.

Danielson Family said...

I almost threw up when I saw that spider. GROSS!!!!!

Unknown said...

I had to draw that giraffe for one of my art classes. Imagine staring at it for four hours straight!

Nora Mair said...

With out his body and mounted to the wall, it's a little disturbing. you're right.