21 January 2008

TO THE WORLD...JUST SO YOU KNOW

I would like to state for the world's information that, yes, I have "active" children. I have heard more than one person, usually someone with one child, describe various other children thus. I would like to stand and say that my children are active and I'm GLAD! I'm glad they have imaginations. I'm glad I don't have to come up with something for them to play all day every day. I LIKE IT when they run through our home giggling and laughing together, even if my ears are hurting from the noise. I LIKE IT when my children have little tiffs with each other because when they figure out on their own how to forgive one another and solve their own problems I think that they'll remember it better than if I tried to explain it with words. So, NO! I refuse to tie my children to chairs and tape their mouths shut so that people around me can have quiet. NO! I refuse to chase after my kids trying to solve every problem for every child with out letting them try first. I don't care if you, the world, think I should! I'm grateful my children are healthy, happy, and have legs and arms that work. If they seem a little overactive, it's because we live in a small condo for 6 people and sometimes we have explosive energy to use up. GET OVER IT!!! Maybe instead of asking me "What is wrong with your kids, can't you control them?" you should ask yourself, "What is wrong with my child? Doesn't he have any creativity or happiness? What can I do to WAKE YOU UP?!"

2 comments:

Danielson Family said...

WOOT WOOT! Even though I only have one on the way I totally agree. I love watching your kids and the things they come up with, why do you think I love babysitting them so much!

kam said...

Well said! For the record, when the kids all got together recently, Julia had the best time with Ben and your girls! I think your children are JUST FINE...creative, articulate and beautiful :) You and Jason are incredible parents!