04 January 2008

What Makes YOU a Nerd?




I believe that everyone is a complete nerd about at least one thing. You know weird details about something or someone. Like that time Amy had that 4 inch binder full of Mel Gibson interviews and pictures. If you ever want to know anything about Mel Gibson, ask Amy. Most of you already know my nerdish tendency towards the sci-fi show Stargate SG-1. I can't explain my fascination. I generally hate science fiction. I absolutely hated the movie "Stargate." It took Jason quite a while to get me to watch it in the first place. Now I dream about Richard Dean Anderson with his brown hair with distinguishing patches of gray (don't worry, he lost the mullet) and brown eyes... Somewhere between MacGyver and Stargate, he learned to act but he never grew old. I wish I was a tall incredibly brilliant blond like Amanda Tapping and I have unexplained desires to join the air force....
RDA 4 EVER!!!!
What are you a nerd about?

7 comments:

Nora Mair said...

Good one...let's see...I love the candied fake fruit popular at Christmas time. You know the kind covered in little plastic beads...

Anonymous said...

I will stay up until 2am watcing Animal Planet or anything on National Geographic...
I am planning a cousins party on Feb. 2nd but don't have any of your siblings emails Will you email them to me? laurielovesrunning@yahoo.com

Natalie Layton said...

You didn't like the MacGyver mullet? Ha! You are too funny! You probably shouldn't have told on Amy like that, though. You know I'm just going to head right over to her blog and ask some Mel Gibson trivia. What makes me a nerd? Nothing really, although, I do like the smell of Vicks VapoRub more than I probably should. . .

Unknown said...

Well, you know Richard and I are nerds about Stargate and Stargate Atlantis too. Besides that though, I get the biggest enjoyment these days out of sucking huge boogers out of Abbie's nose. How sad is that? I also love playing Rome Total War and I actually really enjoy watching Little Einsteins and I get excited when a new one comes out on On Demand. Hmm.. I also like watching Hannah Montanna, Jimmy Neutron, Avatar, NCIS, Monk, and Kid Nation...can you tell we've been watching more TV lately? Well, I think that is enough nerdy things about me.

Sharon said...

I have really gotten into politics lately. I new it was bad when I went to a Christmas party and all the women were on one side of the room discussing children issues and the guys were on the other side discussing politics. I kept leaning over to overhear what the men were talking about!

Unknown said...

American Idol!!!! Premiers Jan.
15th. (and by the way, mel gibson is a looser now. I've moved on to bigger and better things, like Harry Potter, the pretender, and Twilight trivia)

p.s. just because you told on me and mel doesn't mean I'd rat you out on your sweet Charleston dancing in elementary. hmmm... where can i get that video?

Danielson Family said...

Hahaha that video of Michelle is amazing! Although, I do have to admit that I was jealous that I didn't know those dance moves and that Amy had such a cool binder and I didn't. I like Amy am a nerd about Pretender, I have all the seasons and I have even watched the bonus cd that comes with all the new movies that no one ever thinks about putting into the dvd player. I am also a huge nerd about Regency London. I know way to much useless knowledge about that time period.